Its always more efficient and smart to retain existing customers than to find the new ones. And that’s why it’s very important to build customer relations and exceed their expectations at every point.
In this article, we’re going to dive into packaging inserts, learn why are they so important, and how they help to drive customer loyalty, repeat purchases and revenues through the roof.
So why are these package inserts so important?
Package inserts are a cost effective and subtle way to build strong customer relationship and it’s this relationship that can often help to increase, sales, average order size, referrals, and profits. Consider this, with every package shipped, your customer’s outlook towards your brand will either:
- Drop below the expectations,
- Meet at the expectations, or
- Exceed the expectations.
There can be many reason, some even out of our control due to which our customers experience might fall below the expectations. And if everything goes well and the post office isn’t late, we might meet our customer’s expectations. However, little things like the right packaging inserts prove to be a great way to stand out and exceed customer expectation.
Let’s take a look at some of the top reasons why packaging inserts are so important and effective:
- Packaging inserts are low cost – Packaging inserts are generally very low cost but the fact that they come as a surprise to the customer is what actually adds to the customer delight.
- Inserts can be highly targeted – The person on the receiving end is already your customer and therefore you know what they buy and what they like. This actually helps you to tailor your insert according to your customers taste.
- The cost of delivering the message has already been paid – The package is already being shipped so you might as well make the most of it.
- Package inserts are a great channel for liquidating merchandise – Hard to move merchandise or goodies can be converted into marketing expenses and be used to boost your customer relationships.
- The right inserts increase loyalty – By making the customer feel special, inserts make the customer feel like they are important and provide a reason for them to share their story.
Package inserts seem pretty simple, however, they can be of great use. Just throwing in a few goodies can boost your brand image and drive you towards customer delight. There is a lot to experiment with when you are using packaging inserts. Read the 5 types of Packaging inserts that you can use and how they can help you to cultivate your customer base.